Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide AutoCAD designs to the latest standards for a variety of Industrial Switchgear systems LV/MV for the business. You will have previous experience within a Mechanical Engineer / Draughtsman role.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the main responsibilities include:
• Mechanical 2D/3D CAD of products within required timescales
• Production of high-quality engineering drawings ensuring proper application of tolerance, limits
and fit with necessary BOMs, Production Drawings and work instructions.
• Provide support and assistance to the Service Department in the design of upgrade opportunities
for legacy equipment.
• Provide support and assistance to the production department whilst the control panel build is
• Comply with all Company policies, procedures and work instructions, including health and safety
• Comply with and promote the Company’s values and behaviours
• Carry out other reasonable duties requested by management
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office and 2D/3D CAD
• Experience of LV/MV Switchgear – Essential
• Comprehensive knowledge of design and Industry standards
• Proven experience in a similar role
• At least 2 years of experience designing for manufacture.
• Experience designing bespoke equipment systems using CAD
• High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
• A passion for Engineering and your personal development.
• Experience of working in a project-based environment
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, EXPEREINCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Minimum HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline.
• Upholds the company core values
• Promotes and encourages a positive workplace culture and quality work ethic
• Support the Company in all Health & Safety matters, Risk assessments and Safe systems of work.
• Participates positively in team meetings and briefs
• Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organisation
• Participates in HR programs and supports company policies
• Help support trainees and apprentices where applicable
• Enforces policies and procedures as per our commitment to Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental standards
• Carry out other reasonable duties as requested
To apply please send your CV and supporting information to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE